Overview of the EMBA Subjects
- Provide a comprehensive knowledge base in eight functional areas of business needed for general business administration capability, centered around the practical case method approach
- Develop core management skills and fundamental knowledge in all relevant fields, including those already familiar from professional experiences
- Accounting and Control
- Develop analytical skills for accounting information through learning fundamentals of bookkeeping, financial statements, financial ratios and management accounting necessary for quantitative management methods
- Management Science
- Develop analytical skills for effective problem solving and opportunity identification for rational decision making which involves the application of mathematical modeling
- Organization and Human Management
- Organization management with focus on human behavior in organizations (micro-level organizational behavior) along with organization and strategy in management (macro-level organizational behavior)
- Learn effective market strategies for creating products and services that appeal to customers and effective expression and communication of product value to customers
- Business, Economy and Society
- Foster sound decision making ability in changing external environments by understanding external factors connected with people and organizations
- Financial Management
- Fundamentals of general and management finance, business valuation, capital cost calculation, financial strategy for managerial purposes, M&A, and corporate revitalization
- Production Policy
- Learn production and supply chain functions of business and how to identify and analyze problems to deal with the issues in order to gain competitive advantage through operations
- Business Policy
- Learn methodology to successfully formulate and implement the strategic plan and lead the organization from top decision makers' viewpoint in the context of management policy and solving strategy-related problems
- The purpose of Field Courses are to learn logical decision making process through analyses of actual management practices and their backgrounds, as a practical application of the fundamental management theories.
Students will address a strategic issues being faced by client companies through field researches on, and discussions with, the executives and key players of the companies.
|STEP1||Preparations for Field Research|
|STEP2||Field Research & Field Camp|
Partner Companies in the Academic Year 2015 (to be confirmed)
Key Coffee Inc.
A coffee company operating in fields ranging from overseas coffee farming to production, sales, and management of related business operations
Osaki Medical Corporation
Medical supplies (pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, quasi-drugs and cosmetics), nursing care products, production and distribution of the obstetrics and gynecology brand "dacco"
Short-term field studies organized in cooperation with partner schools mainly in North America, Asia and Africa
Discussion with Leaders Courses
The discussions aim to create an active learning environment through three steps: preparatory research before meetings, interactive lectures, and review of what was learned.
Global Management Seminar Courses
List of Courses (to be confirmed)
- Global Innovation Management
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Market Strategy
- Managerial Economics
- Corporate Strategy