The Council on Business & Society Newsletter
NEWS! Register for the Third International Forum of the Council on Business & Society, September 24 - 25, 2015, Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center, Boston, USA
Developments in the energy sector are creating tremendous opportunities and challenges for companies that develop, market and consume energy and for society in general.
Join the conversation with a dynamic network of industry leaders, academics, and policy makers:
- How will policy makers and business leaders manage the competing interests of business and society in the energy sphere?
- How are different regions of the world tackling issues of energy security, energy equity, and environmental sustainability?
- What strategic, organizational, and managerial capabilities are needed for companies to succeed throughout energy transitions?
- How should regulators, business leaders, and investors make decisions in the face of energy price, technology, and policy uncertainties?
The Forum begins Thursday evening, September 24, with dinner and a keynote address. On Friday, September 25, there will be a full day of panel exchanges and smaller group discussions; the day will end with a case competition involving teams of students from the Council schools. Throughout, there will be many opportunities for networking.
The forum is designed to encourage the sharing of ideas and perspectives across cultures and sectors on important issues facing business and society. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with executives from corporations, consulting, and investment firms; government policy makers, NGO leaders, graduate business students, and faculty.
Key speakers include:
- Thad Hill, CEO, Calpine Corporation
- Joseph Kennedy II, Founder and Chairman, Citizens Energy and former US Representative, USA
- Dan Revers, Managing Partner and Founder, ArcLight Capital Partners
- Philippe Joubert, Executive Chair Global Electriity Initiative at the World Energy Council, Senior Advisor at WBCSD, Former deputy CEO Alsthom Group
- Antonio Volpin, Director and Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company.
Video: Watch the Forum preview video with Philippe Joubert.
For a full list of speakers from across the spectrum of business and society, visit the Council Community Blog.
The Council Communications Team